Lipid Panel (MHD1406)
This profile includes tests that help evaluate heart health and assess the risk for developing heart problems in the future.
It is recommended that healthy adults with no other risk factors for heart disease be tested with a fasting lipid profile once every four to six years. Risk factors for heart disease include:
- High blood pressure
- High blood cholesterol
- Diabetes and prediabetes
- Being overweight or obese
- Being physically inactive
- Having a family history of early heart disease
- Having a history of pre-eclampsia during pregnancy
- Unhealthy diet
- Age (55 or older)
- Direct high density lipoprotein
- Calculated low density lipoprotein
- Non-HDL cholesterol
- Cholesterol/HDL ratio
If any of the tests in this package show you are at risk for heart disease, you should follow up with a health care provider.
You should not eat or drink anything except water for 12-14 hours before this test.
For more information on this test, go to labtestsonline.org.