Every Bite Counts so Put your Best Fork Forward!
Created by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, National Nutritional Month® brings attention to the importance of making informed food choices and developing sound eating and physical activity habits.
“Making just small shifts in our food choices can add up over time. The 2015-2020 Dietary Guidelines for Americans suggest starting with small changes to make healthier lasting changes you can enjoy. This year's theme for National Nutrition Month® inspires us to start with small changes in our eating habits – one forkful at a time. So whether you are planning meals to prepare at home or making selections when eating out, Put Your Best Fork Forward to help find your healthy eating style.”
Key messages are:
- Create an eating style that includes a variety of your favorite, healthful foods.
- Practice cooking more at home and experiment with healthier ingredients.
- How much we eat is as important as what we eat. Eat and drink the right amount for you, as MyPlate encourages us to do.
- Find activities that you enjoy and be physically active most days of the week.
- Manage your weight or lower your health risks by consulting a registered dietitian nutritionist. RDNs can provide sound, easy-to-follow personalized nutrition advice to meet your lifestyle, preferences and health-related needs.
At HNLLabTestsDirect.com we realize that eating right can mean different things to different people. We offer many tests that allow you to take a peek at what your body is telling you from the inside. Check out HNL Lab Tests Direct’s complete list of available tests - they can be found on our homepage by clicking All Tests.