Lead Exposure Profile (MHD1713)
This profile will show if the level of lead in your system is at a toxic level.
Low levels of lead can be dangerous for infants and small children. Higher levels can be dangerous for adults. This test evaluates your exposure to lead. This test also can be used to assess the success of treatment for lead poisoning. Common sources of lead exposure include:
- Industrial exposure (mining, manufacturing)
- Living in an older home with lead paint and pipes
- Using lead in a hobby, such as making stained glass
Lead toxicity can lead to many health problems. Symptoms of lead toxicity can include:
- High blood pressure
- Abdominal pain
- Joint pains
- Muscle pain
- Declines in mental functioning
- Pain, numbness or tingling of the extremities
- Memory loss
If this test shows there are high levels of lead in your system, you should follow up with a health care provider.
There is no preparation needed for this test.
For more information on this test, go to labtestsonline.org.