Upper Respiratory Allergy Panel (MHD105)
This panel evaluates the most common allergens found in the northeastern United States. Allergies are a result of your immune system's response.
Anyone who suffers from seasonal allergy symptoms including:
- Runny nose
- Itchy, red or watery eyes
- Nasal congestion
- Itchy nose, roof of mouth or throat
- Postnasal drip
- Sinus pressure and pain
- Frequent awakening
- Swollen, dark circles under your eyes
- Raised, red patches of skin (hives)
- Itchy skin
If this test confirms you are allergic to any of the tested allergens, you may want to follow up with your primary care provider or an allergy specialist.
- Tree Pollens: Box Elder/Maple, Elm, Oak, Silver Birch, Walnut
- Grass Pollens: Bermuda, Meadow/Kentucky Blue (June), Orchard, Rye, Timothy
- Weed Pollens: Common ragweed, English plantain, Goosefoot (Lamb’s quarters), Russian thistle (Saltwort)
- Molds: Alternaria alternata, Aspergillus fumigatus, Cladosporium herbarium, Helminthosporium halodes, Penicillium notatum
- Miscellaneous: House dust mites: D. pteronyssius and D. farinae, House dust/Hollister-Stier Labs, Cat dander, Dog dander, Cockroach
There is no preparation for this test.
For more information on this test, go to labtestsonline.org.